Cricket is a wonderful game which has been played from early 16th century and has been governed by the rules for over 250 years. Cricket has many more rules than other sports and cricket is one in which there are some of the principles which are used for governing are stated as laws rather than rules or regulations.
Important Laws that must be Followed in the Cricket
Cricket laws are introduced by the Marylebone Cricket Club which describes the cricket laws worldwide. The MCC is a private club which is located in London, England and it is not the official governing body of the game. The copyright was retained by MCC for the cricket laws and they have the rights to change the laws. But nowadays, this can be done after doing the discussions with the ICC (International Cricket Council) which is the global governing body.
Number of laws to for proper playing:
- If we talk about laws then there are mainly forty two laws that can explain all the things which is used for playing the game and how to win the game, the way of preparing and maintaining the pitch. It is played with two teams of eleven with two umpires on an oval shaped field. The size of the field varies but generally has diameter of around 200 meters. A pitch is a hard, 18 meters long and dry ground in the middle of the field. Two batsman will stand in the pitch they both will be in different ends where one ready to the batting the ball thrown by the bowler.
- Each team has 11 players and the object of the game is to score more runs than the opponent. These eleven players have varying roles in the team from batsmen, bowlers, fielders to wicket keepers. The twelfth player acts as a substitute in which they are not allowed playing the game.
- In the centre of the pitch, will be the wicket. The wicket has three stumps in the opposite sides with 22 yards apart in which the end of the wicket is called as crease. The ball used to play the game is made of cork or will be either synthetic or leather. The ball must be between the circumference of 22.4cm and 22.9cm and weight should be between 155.9g and 163g. The second most important tool is cricket bat. The bat is no more than 97cm in length and no more than 10.8 cm wide.
- There are two innings in the game. First inning is closed once all the batsmen are dismissed; no further batsmen left to play or over limit are reached. Among both the teams, one will bat and other will field first. The batting team will try to score as many runs as possible and the bowling team will try to enclose them shortly. The teams then exchange and the second team will try to outscore the runs their opponents scored first. If they fail, they lose, if they succeed they win.
- Like other laws of cricket, wearing a proper cricket shoes also comes under a law. To buy a good quality cricket shoes, go for best selling sports goods shop, including all major brands. On this platform you can buy balls cricket shoes which are also a leading brand in sports industry.
- The rules of playing cricket are actually known as laws of cricket. There are some 42 off laws in the cricket that need to be respected. Similar to the laws of playing cricket there are some rules regarding the cricket uniform and cricket shoes. A well known brand by the name of Balls manufactures cricket shoes that are world famous; you can easily buy balls cricket shoes from any of the leading stores.